Saving money is such an integral part of one’s personal finance. It means valuing all your hard-earned money and becoming aware of what your priorities should be.
But did you know that according to the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas’ 2019 Financial Inclusion Survey, only 53% of the total adult population has savings?
With Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account, reaching the other 47% who don’t have any forms of savings yet is now achievable. There’s no excuse to save money because you can open an account for just Php 50! That’s skipping a milk tea order once to save up for your future.
In this post we will guide you on everything you need to know about Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account.
About Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account
Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account is created to provide easier banking access to Filipinos. It is the future of affordable banking made possible by the PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies, also the leading and largest micro-financial services provider specializing in pawning, remittance, microinsurance, and expanding to micro-savings.
How Does Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account work?
Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings works like a normal savings account wherein you can deposit and withdraw anywhere at your most convenient time with Cebuana Lhuillier’s 2,500 branches nationwide.
Your Micro Savings account is already accredited to almost 21,000+ Bancnet ATMs nationwide for easy withdrawal. What’s amazing is you can even use your Micro Savings account to pay at any of 350,000 Unionpay and Bancnet accredited retail stores nationwide!
Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings Fees and Features
Here’s what you need to know about CebuanaLhuiller’s Micro Savings account in a nutshell:
|Interest Rate per Annum
|Minimum Balance to Earn Interest
|Minimum Maintaining Balance
|Maximum Account Balance
|Minimum of Php 50, Maximum of Php 50,000
|Minimum of Php 100, Maximum of Php 5,000
|Number of Allowed Withdrawals per day
|FREE until further notice
|New Card Fee
|Card upgrade fee (for existing Micro Savings account holders)
|Php 75 (subject to change without prior notice)
How is Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings Account Different?
A Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account provides the following advantages:
- No maintaining balance needed
It’s difficult to find a savings account that offers no maintaining balance nowadays. This is one way a micro savings account like Cebuana Lhuillier’s answer in the aim to make savings available to all, even for low-income families and individuals. It means you can start saving without paying an extra Php 100 or Php 200.
- Gives you more flexibility
With Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account, a child as young as seven (7) years old can open an account if accompanied by parents or legal guardian. This is a major advantage from a typical savings account wherein the kid must reach legal age before he or she can open an account.
With the parent’s guidance, the child will be able to start his or her own savings fund. This promotes financial discipline at a young age which will surely produce a positive outcome as he or she grows up.
The micro savings account can be used as a savings fund for your child’s future needs like tuition fee or payment for school materials.
- Easy to open
Another key advantage of Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account is it’s easy to open. For you to apply, you just need to visit a Cebuana Lhuillier’s branch and fill out the Client Customer Information File Sheet. Just make sure you bring these following documents with you:
- Any valid government issued ID
- Birth Certificate (for minor applicant only)
- Student ID (for minor applicant currently enrolled as student)
- Php 50 minimum initial deposit
- Php 100 card fee. If you’re a 24K card holder this is waived already.
- Minimal Fees involved
If you look at the table in the fees and figures, you’ll see clearly what separates Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account from the rest of the savings accounts available in the country today. Aside from no minimum maintaining balance, it has no deposit fee, and currently no fee if you withdraw. Unlike typical savings accounts which even increased their transaction fees when the pandemic began. The minimum initial deposit you need is only Php 50, which will be your first savings to your account.
- Competitive interest rate
Last but not the least, Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings account offers a competitive interest rate of 0.20%. This is higher than other savings accounts can provide. And because there are no fees whenever you do your transaction, your money will keep on growing. Just make sure you reach the minimum maintaining balance to earn interest which is Php 500.
Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings Account Frequently Asked Questions
If there is/are any question/s that is/are not answered below you can refer to the full list of Frequently Asked Questions found in this link – https://www.cebuanalhuillier.com/help/micro-savings
How to open a Micro Savings account?
To open an account, go to any of Cebuana Lhuillier’s 2,500 branches nationwide and fill-out the Client Customer Information File Sheet and bring the following:
- 1 Government issued ID
- Birth Certificate (applicable to minors only)
- Student ID (applicable only if student is currently enrolled)
- P50 minimum initial deposit
- P150 card fee (for client’s w/o 24k card), P75 for card upgrade
How to deposit?
- Fill-out the form indicating the money you will deposit and give it to the branch personnel
- Insert your 24k card in the POS terminal
- Get the completed deposit slip
How to withdraw?
- Fill-out the form with the desired amount you wish to withdraw
- Insert your 24k card in the POS terminal and type your PIN number
- Receive the money from the branch personnel
How to check balance?
Option 1: You may visit our Cebuana Lhuillier’s 2,500 branches and use the POS terminal to check your balance.
Option 2: You may log in to your account on the eCebuana app and tap on ‘Micro Savings’.
What are the acceptable Government/Valid IDs?
You can present any of the following:
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Social Security System (SSS) ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification of Registration (ACR)
- Barangay Certificate or ID (with picture and signature)
- Birth Certificate (applicable to minors only)
- Firearm License
- Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Marriage License
- National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons
- New TIN ID
- OWWA ID
- Student ID
- Alien Certification of Registration (ACR) / Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office or Government Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCC) ID (e.g. AFP ID, HDMF (Pag-ibig Fund) ID, etc.
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID (IBP)
- Company IDs issued by private entities or institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP (Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas), SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) or IC (Insurance Commission)
Now more than ever is the best time to save money. If you’ve been procrastinating on your financial situation then you might want to think again. Saving money is more than just having a reserve amount. It means prioritizing yourself!
Open a Cebuana Lhuillier’s Micro Savings Account now.